Wednesday, July 28, 2010

San Diego Comic-con and the Eisner Awards




On Friday I traveled to San Diego for the gargantuan mega event known as Comic-Con, and to attend the Eisner Awards that night.

This was my first time attending the awards ceremony, and I got to see it from the cool kids side of the velvet rope. Jim, Barry Miller, Steve Bryant, and I arrived early to find our assigned table and raid the buffet. Cash bar(What’s up with that? I cannot let it go!) but Mexican buffet was tasty, so I piled it high on the plate. I had to be careful not to spill any on my fancy new sport coat, bought especially for the event. I looked pretty snazzy if I do say so myself.

Going into the awards, I knew our chances of winning for Best Digital Comic were slim to none. But I couldn’t help but hold out a little hope, and conjure the experience in my mind of what it would be like if we won... READ THE REST HERE!

No comments: